Had unprotected sex, delayed periods. Till when do abortion pills work?

Question
"Me and my girl friend had unprotected sex on 3rd time. First 2 times i used protection. 3rd time i didnt cum inside her. but per periods are due for 2nd day" please give me knowledge how can i go about it. till when abortion pills works.(We had intercourse on 6th Aug) and the details of the doctors i can contact in Bangalore.
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 35 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Because you have used protection during first two and haven't discharged inside third time, should wait for at least a week over due date of ovulation.

If period doesn't start within 7 days of due date, please get her pregnancy test done, and in case of +ve result, contact a Gynecologist.

Emergency pill can be used within 5 days, and abortion pills can be used within 9 weeks.

If required, you can consult any Gynecologist there.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, delayed periods. Till when do abortion pills work? 9 minutes later
Due to stress that she may get pregnant. Is her periods getting delayed?

If she is +ve. Abortion pills will it be harmful for her future.
How many days she should be under observation if we consult a doctor?
Do abortion pills have Side effects?
She can't take help of her family. So I'm the only one who needs to take care of her. and she should be home every day by evening. So I want the details that how it can be done without knowing there family. Please do help.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 16 minutes later

Welcome again,

Period starts on 14th day of ovulation. Stress can effect it before ovulation only.

Abortion pills are generally not harmful, but she should take it under supervision of a Gynecologist only.

Observation period vary from patient to patient, and depends on bleeding following abortion.

Every medicine have some side effects.

First you should wait and get it confirmed that whether she is pregnant or not. And if she is pregnant, you have to take Gynecologist in confidence.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, delayed periods. Till when do abortion pills work? 21 minutes later
Is there any other way to get abortion done without consulting doctor. or by taking abortion pills by your suggestion. She is afraid to go to doctor.
Just need a clarification on that.

Last Option:

If at all we consult a doctor, how much will it cost to get abortion done through pills.
So that i can arrange for that.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

For other ways, you can consult Homeopath or Aayurvedic doctor.

She should take abortion pills only under supervision of local doctor.

Your local Gynecologist will tell you about treatment cost. If you want to save some cost, consult a Gynecologist in Govt. Hospital.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma