Had unprotected sex after delivery. Suggest medicine to avoid pregnancy

We have three month old baby and my is still breast feeding her. We had sex today morning and due to some we missed to use condom. Can you please suggest medicine to avoid pregnancy? Can she use Ipill? I hope there is not side effect on mothers milk.

Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 12 minutes later

If you are breastfeeding regularly, you might not need to use emergency contraceptive pills. That’s because in the first 6 months after having a baby, a woman who is feeding her child only breast milk and who has not had her period since giving birth is not likely to be ovulating, meaning that your ovaries are probably not releasing eggs that could be fertilized and cause a pregnancy. But be careful & use precautions.
Emergency contraceptive pills are not having any proven side effect on quality & quantity of breast milk, She can use it.
I hope your query has been answered.