Had unprotected sex. What can I do to prevent any infection?

I just had sex and was all protected until the last few minutes where I end up taking the condom off and continue the sexual experience for another 5 minutes with no Condom... she was a random girl that we just met today. is there anything i can take to prevent any infection of complications and avoid any major issues.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Since you had unprotected intercourse for 5 minutes so possibility of sexually transmitted disease is high.The risk of the infection also depends on whether the person with whom you were involved was actually infected or not.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider earliest for evaluation and required investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.
Meanwhile avoid intercourse until cured.

After any type of high risk contact, clean the affected site with soap water and if there is major contact then post exposure prophylaxis for HIV should be started within 6 hours of exposure (you can visit an ART center/ your doctor for the prophylaxis).

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.