Had unprotected sex. Took pill later. Had thick white discharge. Take a pregnancy test?

I had unprotected intercourse 2 weeks ago i didnt take the morning after pill than. I had sex again 6 days ago and than 2 days ago unprotected and took the morning after pill yesterday. I had some some thick white discharge today was just wondering what that could be also i am a little worried that i could be pregnant my periods due on the 2nd. If my period doesnt come should i have a pregnancy test and when should i do it? also if it does come should i take a test anyway?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
You had unprotected sex thrice in last two weeks and took an emergency contraceptive yesterday. This does not rule out the possibility of you being pregnant.
The mild thick white discharge might be just a normal vaginal discharge due to routine hormonal changes in the body or may be suggestive of pregnancy.
If your periods do not come on 2nd Feb then you need to do a urine for pregnancy test on around 6th February with a morning sample of urine.
If your periods do start by then and you have a normal bleeding then the pregnancy is ruled out and the urine test is not needed.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took pill later. Had thick white discharge. Take a pregnancy test? 8 hours later
Also with the morning after pill it said it can make my period come 5 or 8 days late is that true or just the test on the 6th also if it comes up negeative when i do the test do you recomend that i do another one couple of days later because it could of given me a wrong answer?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Your period may be delayed due to morning after pill. Still if your periods are overdue you can test your urine after 6th. If the test is negative and the period does not come then you can repeat the test after a week.
Hope my answer is helpful.