Had unprotected sex. Should I take plan B?

I had taken plan B a month or two ago. This morning I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, he did pullout before he ejaculated. I was wondering if you thought I should take plan b again?
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 minutes later

If there was no barrier contraceptive (condom) or any other birth control measure used, then there are chances of pregnancy even if there was no ejaculation inside the vaginal canal. Penile secretions released before ejaculation also can contain some sperms which could result into pregnancy.

There is need for you to go for emergency contraception like Plan B this time too.

Taking Plan B frequently within a short gap of time may cause side effects like headache, fatigue, dizziness, irregular menstrual flow, tenderness in the breasts, etc. Though most of the side effects are not serious, care has to be taken to avoid frequent dosing of the Plan B.

Hope I answered your query. Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.