Had unprotected sex. Noticed redness on walls of urethra. STD infection?

Hi. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend few days ago. Just today i noticed my urethra on one side of the wall it has a reddish bump/ blister looking bump. Im paranoid if it is an STD infection or it is just a common thing to have? We are very very active in sex. I do not feel any burning sensation when i pee. Everything feels normal, it is just tht reddish bump paranoids me much. Pls help.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 days later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to Herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A reddish blister like bump on penis can be related to STD like Herpes.
STD’s usually present with many symptoms chief ones being any discharge, burning sensation in urethra, redness, irritation, ulcer or sore, pain or blood during ejaculation, pain in the genitalia or early flu like symptoms in case of HIV.
As per your history, it seems like Herpes but a physical examination and investigation would be helpful in confirmation of the diagnosis.

Since you had unprotected intercourse so possibility of sexually transmitted disease is high.The risk of the infection also depends on whether your girlfriend is actually infected or not.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider earliest for evaluation and required investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.
Meanwhile avoid intercourse until cured.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.