Had unprotected sex. Having tiny bumps on penis foreskin. Having fever and mild headache. Chances of getting HIV?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Chances of getting hiv?
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
More with sex contact. Anal sex is more riskier.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Your question is very brief and I don't understand exactly what you need from your question.
Anyhow the chances of getting HIV is more through sexual contact with an unknown person, sex contact with multiple partners and with those who have sex with multiple partners.
Nearly 85% of people acquire HIV through sex contact only. Among the sex contact, receiving anal contact, inserting anal contact, receiving vaginal sex, penetrating vaginal sex, oral sex are having risk in the order that I counted.
Transfusion of infected blood, sharing contaminated needles and other sharp instruments and from infected mother to child and through breast milk are the other means of HIV transmission.
Certain Health care providers have occupational risk for HIV during handling infected body fluids. HIV cannot be transmitted through any other means.
If you tell me more about your age, type of sexual activity you had, your marital status, I may be able to provide more information you need.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Having tiny bumps on penis foreskin. Having fever and mild headache. Chances of getting HIV? 16 minutes later
Last week i had unprotected sex with a woman i didnt know. Im a 20 year old male. The following day i noticed tiny pimple like bumps on my penis foreskin and one on the head. 2 days after the encounter i had fever and a mild headache. The fever and headache lasted a day and a half. Ive also noticed my hand palms were peeling. I dont know if that is even related. The spots look like herpes vesicles or molluscum contagisum. I have been reading a lot of stuff online about stds and hiv and i am pretty scared. I feel like im probably getting anxiety. I just want to know my chances of actually getting hiv. Or if any other stds can cause the symptoms i just described.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Genital Herpes is possible.STD/HIV to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Your problem seems to be Genital Herpes due to HSV2. Molluscum Contagiosum, the incubation period is longer and could not occur due to recent sex contact.
Fever and head ache also sometimes may be related to Genital Herpes or it may be independent and ordinary Flu.

Earliest HIV manifestation can occur only after 3- 4 weeks, so the fever and head ache could not be due to HIV.
As you have unprotected sex with an unknown woman, we can not rule out the risk for HIV and other STDs.
You can consult a Genito-urinary physician or a Dermato-venereologist and under his guidance, you have to undergo certain tests for STD and HIV after 3-4 weeks. Till then you restrict your sexual activities. Your present problem of bumps over penile skin also will be treated by him.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Having tiny bumps on penis foreskin. Having fever and mild headache. Chances of getting HIV? 10 minutes later
What would be causing my palms peeling? Can herpes symptoms show up that fast? Statistically what are the odds of hiv in this case?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to HSV/HIV/STD. Contact allergy

Detailed Answer:
Peeling of palms not related to Genital Herpes or any other STD/HIV.
Sometimes it may be related to your Flu or totally independent either a nonspecific finding or related to some skin diseases or allergy to some contact with your hands (eg. Detergents, chalk, gardening etc.). Nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Having tiny bumps on penis foreskin. Having fever and mild headache. Chances of getting HIV? 5 hours later
Thank you doctor. Your knowledge is much appreciated.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome. If you don't have further question ,kindly close this conversation. Dr S.Murugan