Ask a Urologist   »  

Had unprotected sex. Have red blisters on inner skin of penis. Worrisome

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
Hi there ! I am having a red blister in the inner skin of my penis a day after I had unprotected sex wid my GF. I m worried what is it. Though I have been using quadiderm and then surfaz sn but it seems to having much effect, my GF told me that she had some local infection earlier for which she had taken medicines and all her tests were clean . The upper part of penis seems to have swollen as has turned a bit yellowish and it feels when I pee!
Posted Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, STOP USING THE STEROID OINTMENTS. I don’t know, whether you are using these on a doctors prescription or not, but try to understand one basic point- do not use any steroid ointment before a confirmed diagnosis or you are prescribed to do so. Because, steroid may lead to worsening of the situation.

The symptoms, you described, indicates few conditions -
1.     An allergic reaction. The cause, may be the vaginal secretion of your girlfriend.
2.     Urogenital infection caused by any sexually transmitted disease.
3.     Fixed drug eruption, if you have taken any paracetamol group of drug.

In the first condition, it has been seen, that the vaginal secretion may lead to allergic reaction in some individuals.

Whatever your girlfriend is telling you, the chance of sexually transmitted disease is high. I am not telling you about HIV. But, any simple vaginal infection can also lead to this type of infective condition to the male partner. So, both of you have to be examined and treated.

You have to do the followings –
1.     Avoid sexual intercourse or use condom.
2.     Maintain a good personal hygiene.
3.     Immediately consult with any dermatologist or go to STD clinic of any government hospital. Before any diagnosis, first you have to be examined clinically for the character, extension and other features of the blister. Only a clinical examination can give a clear idea about the condition.
4.     If infection is the cause, you have to take broad spectrum antibiotic course according to the infection caused.
5.     If allergic reaction is the cause, you have to take cetirizine group of drug.
6.     Follow the other instructions given by the dermatologist.

Hope this information is sufficient. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.