Had unprotected sex. Had an Ipill. Delayed period. Am I pregnant?

May 2013
i had unprotected sex last may 23rd, had an ipill within one hour.I had my last periods last may12th, i didnt get my periods yet, am i pregnant?
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later
thanks for the query.

the possible causes for your delayed periods are,

- you didn't mention details regarding your menstrual cycles like what is the length of your cycle,
as one or two days delay from expected day is common, you may get periods soon.

- i pill will cause menstrual irregularities as a side effect that may be reason for your delayed periods.

-as there is 1% failure rate for i pill, there is chance of pregnancy.
as urine pregnancy test kits are less sensitive in early pregnancy,
you visit local gynecologist and undergo blood test for pregnancy, which can detect low HCG levels also.

if test is positive you can decide what to do next,

if negative you can wait for few more days for periods,

if periods do not come after that also then you can take tablets for withdrawal bleeding with your doctors advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.