Had unprotected sex. Got vomiting and diarrhea, weight loss, inflamed groin and lymph node on neck. HIV?

hiv scareabout a month ago i had an exposure with a girl i had been recently hangn around n she seemed alright. she didnt come off dirty or nethng. the exposure didnt last more than 5 mins and i didnt cum inside of her. but 3 - 6 days after the exposure i got sick with vomiting and diarrhea for about a week n a half. the diarrhea kinda stayed for about another week and i found blood in it once or twice. i lost probably 10 pounds. i have gained sum of it back. i went to the dr about 4 days after the exposure n he didnt thnk it was hiv cuz it was to early. i got tested tht day n it came up negative even tho it wud regardless. i wud also get real blotchy red after a shower on my chest. i normally get a red chest after i shower but not like this kind of blotchy. i dnt know if my skin wud just be more sensitive cuz all of the stress and anxiety or if it was a rash. but itd go away in like 20 mins. now what really worries me tht its been a month and a lymph node on the right side of my neck is inflammed and ive gotten this pain in the right side of my groin that comes and goes and shoots down in my right testicle. i went to the dr for it and he thought it might b epymiditis but im thinkn more of a testicular torosion b.c. there really isnt to much swellin n my groin. its more n my right nut. my groin just gets the pain. plus it dnt rly hurt unless i do stuff or as the day progresses. on top of all tht thrs no discharge or burning when i pee. the drs arent rly helpful in my town and they just want to give you antibiotics for everythng n send u on ur way. i mean my dr didnt even consider nethng else such as a torosion he just said i THINK it may b epydimitis. i cant get a full nights rest. i always wake up hot anxious n nausea until i go have a bowel movement. i also cant go thru a whole night without having to take a pee or holding it n feeling like my bladders gonna bust by morning.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
A small painful lymph node in the groin is likely to be due to an infection. The torsion of the testis is usually associated with an acute and persistent pain in the area.
Not being able to hold the urine overnight is further suggestive of an infective cause. Most of the times, such symptoms subside after taking a course of antibiotics. The lymph node swelling may take a few weeks to come back to normal. Though HIV infection is not likely in your case, it is best to get a repeat test done at 3 months after the exposure to decrease your anxiety.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Got vomiting and diarrhea, weight loss, inflamed groin and lymph node on neck. HIV? 15 hours later
the lymph node was in my neck. my lymph nodes in my groin seem fine. maybe a little hard. n the urine problem overnight has been around before the "infection". and i was on antibiotis before the groin pain occured. last night i made sure i went to the bathroom for the last thing n i made it to about 5 or 6. also ive been noticing new freckles. alot of them and i havent been outside much. n i also find these white spots that almost look like a scar was there
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

The palpable lymph node in the neck could be related to an old infection as the nodes do take up to 6-8 weeks to come back to their normal size. The freckles you are having could be related to a change in the diet, stress or the hormonal changes in your body. These are likely to subside in a few weeks.

In case these are persistent, consulting a dermatologist will be helpful.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Got vomiting and diarrhea, weight loss, inflamed groin and lymph node on neck. HIV? 26 hours later
i dnt ever recall having an infection prior to this and the lymph node wasnt inflammed til after this. unless its possible the infection went unnoticed. cud it b possible stress and hormonal changes are affecting these lymph nodes. and are night sweats alarming with all of this
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
A viral infection can cause such minor lymph node prominence and is associated with night sweats, tiredness, etc. Please do not worry and concentrate on having a healthy diet with vitamin C supplements.
You need to self monitor the node for any further enlargement or pain in which case, consulting a physician for a proper examination is recommended.