Had unprotected sex. Getting sore throat and burning in urethra. Risk of HIV infection?

Age     Male, 68 years.
15 06 11     Possible infection from a lady (house-maid) whose hiv status was not established. She appears to be non-adventurous and monogamous (?) with two children 10 & 12 years old. (Please do not ask was I an ass to indulge in such misadventure at this advanced age.)
16.06 11     Burning started in urethra near tip continuing till today
Subsequently …     Had to resort to alprazolam 0.5 mg each night and sometimes one dose a day also all these days as the pain was unbearable (prescribed by my family doctor out-weighing relief to side-effects)
29 08 11     PCR DNA test found negative
05 09 11 XXXXXXX Blot test found negative
15 10 11     Elisa test found negative
Mid January     Had mild sore throat problem and small white patches on tonsils continuing even now
05 03 12     Had access to my spouse 5-6 times uphill now and today was the last time I had access to her.
15 05 12     Elisa test found negative
01.10.12     Burning in urethra tip accompanied with pain now
05 10 12     Elisa test found negative (15 months after risky exposure and 7 months after abstaining from sex)
Present status as on 06 10 12     Slight pain in groins and armpits, (very) slight sweating during night which may be due to sultry weather. Presently there is slight sore throat
Blood test results     
15.06.11     6000     Leuco     Lymnpho
02/12     8800     60     30
05/12     6200     60     30
06/12     4400     60     30
21/12     6200     60     30
05.10.12     5250     60     30

Hb - always more than 13mg
ESR during 2/12 – 22mm/hr
ESR now – 10 mm/hr

Treatment     Four courses of antibiotics during all this period with no reduction in pain
     The issue is driving me crazy to the point of thinking of suicide
My query     1. Will there be such long standing burning in urethra tip in hiv infection?
2. Are the antibodies not in sufficient quantities that can be detected by the tests (on account of my age?)
3. Are the anti-depressants taken by me slowing down production of antibodies?
4. Whether treatment can be started if found necessary with positive result? (at this age)
Forums     All forums on internet say there is no hiv infection and the symptoms attributable to something else and hence ask me to move on
     Your forum is person oriented hence the approach now. Kindly help me.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 55 minutes later
You must understand that the HIV is not the only disease on the mundane earth, there are a host of it which can make you life hell, the best way is to avoid the greed, the misadventures because the low socio-economic ladies may be accessible but they are frequently carriers of sexually transmitted diseases(STDs)- starting from as simple as scabies, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia to as serious as HIV, HBV, HCV.
I am damn sure you are not suffering or even not having HIV but you could be most likely suffering of Trichomoniasis, chlamydia or gonorrhoea.
Can not say exactly what because the symptoms are nonspecific.
You should stop hunting for HIV and get CBC, RFT, ProCalcitonin, Urine microscopy and Culture/sensitivity and review to your local physician for getting appropriate antibiotics prescribed. A quinolone and an imidazole would be a rational choice to start after you have sent the samples.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Getting sore throat and burning in urethra. Risk of HIV infection? 28 hours later
kindly let me know if further tests are required. I am feeling feverishness in the afternoons and slight pain in right armpit and groin. excuse me for troubling you again.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Welcome back to Healthcare magic.
Please get CBC, RFT, ProCalcitonin, Urine microscopy and Culture/sensitivity because you have a good chance of an STD acquired from the lady and review to your local physician for getting appropriate antibiotics prescribed. A quinolone and an imidazole as I told you earlier would be a rational choice; But make sure you have sent the samples before you start the treatment.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.