Ask a Urologist   »  

Had unprotected sex. Feeling uncomfortable after peeing and noticed pink blood while wiping. What's wrong?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, I'm here to ask a question in behalf of my girlfriend.
She's feeling uncomfortable after peeing ( according to her )
She said that she feels pain after peeing and when she wipes, pink blood can be collected. Only when she wipes, not when she pees. Awhile later, she gets the urge to pee again, even though her bladder is empty. No cramping of sorts were experienced, she stated.
We had unprotected sex 3 days ago, which is 5 days after her last period ( ended @ 24/10/12 )

I have not ejaculated in her.

I've read that sperm lives up to 5 days in the body, so I wanted to ask what's wrong, if she's pregnant or having a sort of infection or so. She has no additional information to add at the moment. I want to state that we are pretty much underage ( 15 ) .. Currently living in Malaysia, where abortion is illegal. I looked up the internet and found this product called Mifeprex which is supposedly used to cause abortions. I want to ask if it's okay for her to take it as well.

Thank you
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 2 hours later
Well, I think she has got an urinary tract infection which causes these symptoms.You can go for a routine and microscopic examination of urine to clinch at a diagnosis. Please visit a local physician .
Well, if she has got a normal monthly menstrual cycle, I think she is in a "safe period" and there is no chance of pregnancy. Still wait for her next menses to occur.
You should worry for two reasons, if the menses are delayed and when the early morning urine pregnancy test is positive.
So do not worry and there is no use taking any medicines now.
I think I have cleared your doubts.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Feeling uncomfortable after peeing and noticed pink blood while wiping. What's wrong? 4 hours later
Thank you for the answer :)
Indeed, it did clear up confusion and gave a sense of relief, but I would still like to ask about the medicine ( brand name : Mifeprex )
I've read online that it's FDA approved for 18 - 45 years old. Would like to ask if she can take it, and the possible extra adverse effects that will result in taking it underaged.
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back to us.
Well, Mifeprex is mifepristone and is used as a abortificient ( a drug used to induce abortion) for the first trimester of pregnancy and can be used till 7 to 8 weeks along with another drug called misoprostol.
Since pregnancy is not yet confirmed in your girlfriend's case, there is no justification of using it now .
Well, as per its safety profile, its quite a safe drug and well tolerated abortifacient with fewer side effects. So don't worry, we will reserve it to use later. Please be in touch .
Let me know if you have any more questions.