Ask a Urologist   »  

Had unprotected oral sex. Noticed dark spot on penis head. No pain or itching. Any cure?

Excellent

Question
I had unprotected oral sex roughly 2 months ago. After about a week or more my penis head had this dark purple spot on the circumference of the penis head. i didnt care much about it since it did not itch or have any pain or so. But now its been 2 months and it still remains. I was hoping it is a bruise. I do have a picture if needed
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 45 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. I have seen your photographs. It looks like a bruise due to penile trauma.

A bruise happens because of trauma when blood from the ruptured capillaries (small blood vessels)near the skin's surface escapes by leaking out under the skin. A bruise generally lasts for 2 weeks after which it fades away. It is unusual for a bruise to last for so many weeks.

Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the spot persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Noticed dark spot on penis head. No pain or itching. Any cure? 1 hour later
Thank you very much for your answer.

I also have another question, I was wondering if i would have contracted herpes if i have no symptoms for 2 months already.

Also someone told me i could catch HIV but some say saliva cant pass on HIV, which one is true?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 14 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

When signs of herpes occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. The blisters are preceded by tingling and numbness sensation along with pain before appearance of lesions. These signs of herpes appear a few days after intercourse.

Chances of transmission of HIV by oral sex are very less until or unless there are active sores or cuts on the genitalia.