Had unprotected oral sex. Have burning sensation inside penile tube. antibiotics helped. Is it HIV?

Mar 2013
Hello doctor. I had an unprotected oral sex with the prostitute. She blowjob me, and next day i start to have burning sensation inside of my penis , maybe penile tube which already lasting 10 days. The doctors gave me antibiotics which helped but i still sometimes have mild burning sensation. So my question is that a symptom of HIV? Assume that prostitute having HIV+ and she is old, then do i likely get hiv from her if i received oral sex for 10 second then i put the condom on. And i ejacuated to condom not to her mouth
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Yes, it is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex, though it is a less common mode of transmission than other sexual behaviors (anal and vaginal sex). There have been a few cases of HIV transmission from performing oral sex on a person infected with HIV. While no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through

the lining of the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis);
the lining of the vagina or cervix;
the lining of the anus; or
directly into the body through small cuts or open sores.
If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), or vaginal fluid may contain the virus. Cells lining the mouth of the person performing oral sex may allow HIV to enter their body.

The risk of HIV transmission increases

if the person performing oral sex has cuts or sores around or in their mouth or throat;
if the person receiving oral sex ejaculates in the mouth of the person performing oral sex; or
if the person receiving oral sex has another sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Not having (abstaining from) sex is the most effective way to avoid HIV.

Penile burning is a non specific symptom, and not diagnostic of HIV, but may occur in HIV also.
Have testing after 6 weeks to be sure, and do not engage in high risk sexual behaviour till then.