Had unprotected oral sex. Getting soft erection with fever, sore throat and abdominal pain. Worrisome

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I had pain in my lower abdomen and penis. Tingling in the tip. Peed a lot. This was over a week ago. The tingling has stopped now. I now cannot get an erection at all no matter how I try. My penis is softer than ever and I can't feel anything. I also just had a fever, possible flu. Sore throat, shivering cold.
I should probably add that I had unprotected oral sex with a stranger 4 weeks ago. My fever is almost gone but I have very dry mouth and sore lips.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later

You reported that you had unprotected oral sex with a stranger 4 weeks back and now having problem in getting erection associated with fever with cold and sore throat.

Since you were involved in an act of unprotected sex with unknown woman, the possibility of acquiring sexually transmitted disease cannot be excluded. I am pleased to know that all the symptoms of infection - fever, tingling and increased urination have settled down.

In this context, the erectile dysfunction may be secondary to generalised weakness post infection or due to stressors.

I would suggest you to wait and observe for a few days; the erection is likely to improve. In addition I also suggest you to consider evaluation for STD including HIV. There are various screening blood test available to rule out the same.

Further course of action and treatment will depend upon results of your blood tests.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Getting soft erection with fever, sore throat and abdominal pain. Worrisome 1 hour later
Thanks. But the ed was prior to being ill. Could this be from trauma to my penis? I feel no sensation nor any blood flow. I have tried to masturbate and nothing happens. No erection at all. My penis feels softer than ever. Im really concerned.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for follow up. The problem of not getting erection can not be due to trauma. The trauma to the penis is always associated with severe bruising and haematoma in the penis. Oral sex is unlikely to give such severe injury or trauma to the penis.

This can be ruled out by doing Ultrasound scanning and colour Doppler study of penis. Other reason for the erectile dysfunction, could be because of the stress. The stress itself can make it more non erectile.

So, please consult a qualified Urologist for a clinical examination for assessment and further treatment.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Had unprotected oral sex. Getting soft erection with fever, sore throat and abdominal pain. Worrisome 17 minutes later
I also had trauma to my penis a week or so ago. Pain in my lower abdomen and penis head followed for a few days. This has stopped now but i just cant get erect at all. Feels like my penis is dead. How can i get an erection again?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing again.
You need to be examined clinically. Please consult qualified Urologist for assessment and further treatment.
You will definitely get your erection after treatment.
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil