Had unprotected intercourse after periods. What are the chances of getting pregnant?

I did not have sex. he did not enter me at all. it was five days after my last period but he did touch around there (not actually on my vagina area) with his penis on the outside. What is the earliest i can do a pregnancy test? could i still get pregnant? worried about pre-cum.

Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question,

Based on what you are describing it would be virtually impossible for you to get pregnant. Even under the best circumstances (with complete penetration and ejaculation into the vagina) the chance of pregnancy is only about 15 percent. So I am sure you did not get pregnant, but checking a pregnancy test is never a bad idea! The soonest it will turn positive is about two weeks after intercourse, or about when you would expect your next cycle.

So don't worry too much, do the test, and have some condoms on hand just in case!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions. Please leave feedback!