Had unprotected intercourse. Took ipill. Gaining weight. When blood HCG test should be taken?

My girlfriend's period was on 26 August.
We had sex on 13 September at night, but the condom broke. So, she had an iPill in the morning at 10am.
But 7 days have passed.
She has not had any side-effects like nausea, vomitting or bleeding.
Moreover, she has gained a lot of weight suddenly and she has also ballooned in shape.
How to confirm that the iPill has worked and she isnt pregnant?
When should the blood HCG tests be taken?
Why has she suddenly ballooned in shape and also gaining weight? Is there any way to lose this shape or weight?
What should we expect next?
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 24 minutes later
i-pill has no long-term or serious side effects, and is safe to use for almost every woman. Nausea, vomiting and headache are some common side effects after taking i-pill & she can gain weight a little bit, but not so much that she starts ballooning.
Such excessive weight gain is due to sedentary life & taking fast food & it can be reduced by regular exercise.
Blood beta-HCG test can detect pregnancy 3-4 days before her due date.
Except beta-HCG there is no another alternative to detect pregnancy at such an early stage.
So wait till her due date, if she is not having her period; get her urine or blood beta-HCG test done.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.
Dr.Monika choudhary