Had tubes tied. Started brown spotting after intercourse. Could I be pregnant?

I'm 34 years old and had a tubes tied eight years ago. I have only had 2 sexual partners in my life one being my husband of 10 years and the other with a guy I've dates for 6 months and we have became sexually active. My question is... We had sex on XXXXXXX 17 and XXXXXXX 23. My first day of my period was XXXXXXX 8 and my ovulation days were XXXXXXX 18 - 25. On XXXXXXX 31 I was having brown spotting no odor or itching and it lasted until Feb 2. Could I be pregnant or what caused the brown spotting a week before period is suppose to start?
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 18 minutes later

The efficiency of tubal ligation is about 99% during the first year after which it drops in subsequent years owing to the possibility of tubal recanalisation. There is no possible way of diagnosing a failure except by diagnosing a pregnancy. The chance of an ectopic pregnancy is higher in case of failure.

If you have had regular 28-30 day cycles prior to this one, you should definitely exclude the possibility of pregnancy by getting a blood test done for serum beta-hCG, since you had intercourse during the fertile days.

The other possibility of some hormonal imbalance developing in this cycle has to be ruled out after excluding pregnancy. Calculating from your last period, it seems more likely that you have an imbalance.

I advise you to consult your gynecologist for an examination and assessment.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.