Ask a Urologist   »  

Had tore frenulum during sex, had bleeding then healed. Now had turned white and become sore after sex

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Hi, About 20 years ago I tore my frenulum during sex. It was pretty much a clean break / detachment, it bled a bit and then healed (in that what little of it was left reattached itself). No problems ever since until now - what is left of the frenulum has turned white in colour in recent months and is now often sore during / after sex. Sensation is like a paper cut. Outside of sex there is no problem. I am not circumcised and my foreskin otherwise retracts, etc, normally. What is the likely treatment and next step? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This isnt serious conditions and is treatable

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very possible that even after so many years such difficulties occur. it seems like this reattached frenulum became thinner and inflammated/irritated especially during the intercourse. There can also be yeast or bacterial infection. it can be surgically managed by minor procedure and if you dont want it you can try to use mild corticosteroid creams for penis and foreskin, Nystatine for example and see will pain subside. also, use lubrications during intercourse, this will prevent foreskin injury. WIsh you good health. Regards