Had surgical abortion done. Getting lower back pain. How to get cured?

I had a surgical abortion a few days ago and all of a sudden I have these weird lower back pains, I'm not one to really like to take medicines. Is there any way I can make them go away without having to take medicine?
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 16 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

In your case, you need to first be sure that it's only back pain and not related to any pelvis issue or recent abortion.

If this pain is limited to back and there are no pelvic symptoms, then alternate warm and ice application can help to relieve back pain. In addition you can try physiotherapy.

Local analgesics cream can be tried, if you don’t mind using it. These are commonly used and don’t cause significant side effects.

But again ideal approach would be to get a clinical evaluation done to confirm that this is just lower back ache and not related to the pelvic organs. A gynecologist can help you here.

Hope that answers your question. I will be available to answers any follow ups if any.