Had surgery for breast cancer. Lymph node remover, took chemo. Taking antibiotics. Any thing else?

Oncologist
Question
HI SIR
MY WIFE GOT BREAST CANCER 5YEARS BACK.HER CONSERVATIVE SURGERY WAS DONE MEANS
HER LUMP & SOME LYMPHNODES WERE REMOVED.AFTER THAT CHEMO AND READIATION WAS DONE.HER AGE IS NOW 38 YEARS. NOW AFTER 5 YEARS THERE IS SMALL WOUND ON HER LEFT BREAST(SAME BREAST) WHERE STICHES WERE STARTED. & IT IS NOT HEALING UP FROM LAST TWO MONTHES.SHE HAS TAKEN ANTIBIOTICS &DRESSING IS DONE ALSO.&PUSS IS ALSO GOING OUT.
PLEASE GUIDE US
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 2 hours later
Dear XXXX,
When the cancer was detected and treated your wife was in active hormonal status and such patients have aggressive nature of cancer. Her hormonal status is not known and you have not given any history whether she was on any hormonal treatment after chemo and Radiotherapy.
The ulcer formed on the same breast not responding to antibiotics should be viewed with suspicion of local recurrence. I advise you to visit your doctor who will possibly go for the culture and cytological examination from the ulcerous region and treat her according to the findings.
I hope you got my point.
Truly,
Dr. J. Ticku

Follow-up: Had surgery for breast cancer. Lymph node remover, took chemo. Taking antibiotics. Any thing else? 22 minutes later
dear sir
before five years doctor did not advise any hormonal therapy.

Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 8 minutes later
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for reverting quickly. Hormonal treatment is given after completion of chemotherapy provided pt. is positive for hormanal receptors.If they were negative then hormonal management has less significance, but your doctor must be knowing it better why hormonal management was not done.
Truly,
Dr. J. Ticku

dear sir
should I try any ointment or any antibiotic before going to any onoclogist

Dear XXXX,
you can try it , there will be no harm but we have to be sure it is not a cancerous ulcer because it has not healed after prolonged use of antibiotics and ointments. Chances are there it maybe of infective nature but you have to be sure by proper examination.
Dr. J. Ticku