Had spinal surgery. On Marcaine. Have blood pressure. Suggest?

I have my surgery report,,,i don't see the inhaled drugs listed,,i had spinal surgery,,,i see Marcaine and then a lot of drugs to prevent nausea or infection there is throbin ondansetra zofra metoclopramide lactulose bactrain sodium chlorade naloxone,,
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way.

1)Under what anesthesia was the surgery performed.
2. How long did you take to recover

Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards and wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: Had spinal surgery. On Marcaine. Have blood pressure. Suggest? 23 hours later
I attached the entire report and in my original question gave you all the medications that were listed..i was taken into surgery at 1:30 the surgery ended at 6:32pm next time I was conscious was 8:20pm.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the details

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow-up details
I understand that the medications that you have stated do not have an inhalant anesthetic drug.
When I asked you about the "Type" of anesthesia performed, I was trying to understand that whether it was a spinal anesthesia or along with spinal they gave you some "general anesthesia as well or general anesthesia alone. In generaly anesthesia also, its not essential to give you inhaled drugs as certain general anesthesia are performed exclusively on Intra Venous medications.
I understand that this particular detail may be present in your report. However this report which you are stating has been attached with your question is basically not to be seen. i would request you to send the report again at YYYY@YYYY with subject stating as "Attention to Dr. XXXXXXX Reddy"
I understand your concerns and there is no inhaled anesthetic mentioned in your list, but the fact that your type of anesthesia delivered has a lot to do with the type of drugs that were given to you.
i apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Follow-up: Had spinal surgery. On Marcaine. Have blood pressure. Suggest? 21 hours later
I have uploaded my surgery report with all the medications listed,,,i want to know would these be all,,,or is there another report that would show all the drugs.
Brief Answer:
No inhaled anesthesia drug mentioned

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the report that you have attached. It is quiet extensive and in detail.
The report states that you have underwent a lumbar spinal laminectomy procedure under general anesthesia. However it doesn't state that you were given inhalational drugs anywhere in the report. All it states was that you were pre-oxygenated and probably your were given anesthesia by non-inhalation route. That is the reason there is no mention of the inhalational anesthsia drugs in your drug list.
Hope that helps,
If you have nay further query, do let me know.
Dr.Srikanth Reddy MD
Follow-up: Had spinal surgery. On Marcaine. Have blood pressure. Suggest? 20 hours later
so in your opinion there are no more reports,,no separate reports to ask for (example would there be a separate report from the anesthesiology Dept.????
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
OT notes are present in your report

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the document in detail.
There are OT notes in it which are provided by both the orthopedics and anesthetist. They clearly state that general anesthesia was administered to you. The drug list that they have given doesnt state any inhalational anesthesia.
I dont think there is anything more to come.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD