Had sinus infection, blood in urine, kidney infection. On cefdinir. Reason for lower back pain?

Apr 2014

I amage is wyong I am 83 not 63yrs old andlately I have had a sinus infection that has gone on a long time. also had blood in urine.Had a head mri to see what was causing all of this. Fifty years ago I had a kidney tackup after having a kidney infection for a year finally had the XXXXXXX test to see what was really going on, then had the surgery. my primary care dr thinks the antibiotic cefdinir 300 mg once a dayfor 14 days. Istill feel lousy gfrr is 15.52.I think my trouble is my kidneys because my back hurts all the time abobe my waist and lower back .
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Taking right medicines and need investigations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You are taking right medicines.
You should continue taking antibiotics,anti hypertensives,and aspirin.
You should also take dietary supplements like iron,calcium tablets and multivitamins.
You need few investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,Lipid profile,RFT,Ultrasound of abdomen,serum calcium level,vitamin D3 level,Thyroid profile,ECG in all leads.

You have GFR towards lower side.You should consult urologist.
Your backache may be due to musculoskeletal causes. You need X-ray of L/S spine in AP/Lateral view.MRI L/S spine can be done if needed.

You didn't mentioned about present status of sinus infection and hematuria(blood in urine).If possible let me know.

Get well soon.
Hope i have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care