Had sex with a hiv positive partner. Should I be concerned?

I submitted a question and received an response. I indicated that that I had sex with a hiv positive male who informed me two days later of his status. The incident occured on Feb 6 and I tested negative on the 15, 24th and March 8. I have been asked to return for further testing on April 8. I also indicated that after the first episode, I became hard again and re-entered without removing the condom. The first doctor indicated that it was still possible for the virus to transmit. My question now is that it would have to be through a small cut, bruise or the uretha of the penis right?
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 minutes later
You are correct in saying that it should enter through small cut or wound, but during sexual intercourse there are micro trauma which you can not see but virus can enter through it.
However, the important thing is that you have not removed condom, this might protect you.
Its more than a month since you had sex, you might have got an elisa test done for hiv, but this test may take 6 months or even more than that to become positive.

I recommend you to get a P24 or PCR done for hiv. these tests are positive within a week and are almost 100 % sensitive.

Even a single virus in your body can be detected by PCR.

If this test comes negative, you can be sure that you are safe.

Thank you