Had sex for the second time with the same condom. Unable to ejaculate. Chances of contracting HIV?

Last night I had sex twice with a man I have been dating recently. The first session he ejaculated inside the condom. After, he did not take off the condom & we ended up having sex again with the same condom still on. He was not able to ejaculate the second time & the condom did not break. The guy states that he does not have any stds but I am still nervous. What are my chances of contracting Hiv or any other stds from this act? What are the chances of leakage from the condom?

Thank you
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get screened for HIV and STis as a couple

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It s true that having sex twice with the same condom greatly increases the chances of the condom developing slight breakages, which might be difficult to be visualized with eyes. The chances are a bit higher.

It is difficult to determine physically someone s HIV status by looking at the person. I would recommend complete and careful protected sex, that your get screened for HIV and STIs and HIV now and repeat within the next three months. You might have to talk with him to get screened too, and its only after you both have done so, known each other s status, there you might decide to engage into any unprotected sexual relations, depending on the case.

Thanks and kind regards hoping this helps.

Bain LE, MD.