Had scratched elder son's face. Having pain, infection, pus formation and swelling. Suggest treatment?

my younger son had scratched elder son's face 5 days back. now my elder son had pain, inflection, swelling and pus formation on the face. He is 8 years old. can you pl suggest medicline and ointment. thanks XXXXX
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 12 hours later

I can understand your concern.

From the history you have provided, it seems that he has developed bacterial infection of the skin following the scratching.

The treatment that would help is an antibiotic cream. However, if the extent of the infection is severe, he may need oral antibiotics as well.

It's difficult to judge the severity without seeing the lesion. You can apply fucidin cream on it twice a day, but if there is no improvement in two days, then I would recommend that you visit your doctor who can evaluate the infection and prescribe oral antibiotics.

Hope I have answered all your queries.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.