Had rubbed penis with vagina unprotected. Chances of contracting HIV?

Question
Hi, I went to an erotic massage parlor a couple months ago while I was there she did a "body slide" where her vagina rubbed against my penis unprotected and it may have entered in I'm not completely sure if it did it wouldn't have been for very long I am aware the odds of me having HPV are fairly high and some others are fairly high as well but the thought of having HIV is keeping me up at night and driving me crazy do you have any idea how likely it is that I may have contracted HIV, if I should get tested, and if so when? Thanks a bunch
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 days later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

I understand your concern and anxiety that is keeping you up. Yes, unfortunately erotic dancers and other sex workers cannot be completely disease-free as they are in constant sexual contact with numerous customers, and thus exposed to various infections.

The chances of HIV or other diseases is indeed moderate-high, due to the fact that your penis and her vagina rubbed. But, we are still not sure of her HIV status, which means all you have to do is to get tested, and rule it out. For testing, a HIV ELISA test is very active at 3 months after exposure; but in my opinion a HIV DUO test, which is a combination of two tests and has a sensitivity of around 98%, is very accurate when conducted at 28 days after exposure.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.