Had rubbed anus with clothes on. Risk of contracting HIV?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I would like to ask you
can hiv pass through clothes because I had sex with boyfriend and I rubbed his anus and we wear our pants .does there any risk to get hiv ?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
the risk is only theoretical

Detailed Answer:
No. If there wasnt penetration and prolonged contact between genitals the risk is only theoretical. There is no reported case of such transmission where clothes was on. So you don't have to be worried at all. If there was direct contact between your genitals without penetration even then the risk is negligible.wish you good health.regards
Follow-up: Had rubbed anus with clothes on. Risk of contracting HIV? 23 minutes later
Thanks for your replay
I am really scared do I need to test my blood or no need
please note no fluid contact between us and my underwear on
I am waitting I cannt sleep
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
No, i wouldnt test if I were you. it is not recommended to do tests since the risk is really negligible.If you suspect that this person is HIV+ then you can do it for your own satisfaction but it should be 4 weeks after this intercourse.YOu can ask that person to do test too. You should really not be concerned and go on with your life.
Follow-up: Had rubbed anus with clothes on. Risk of contracting HIV? 4 hours later
is thesre theoritical risk for hiv virus can pass through three lyers of cloths

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
There is always theoretical risk but such transmission wasnt reported yet and practically this is not possible since hiv virus can't live outside human body. I don't see why are you so concerned. There is absolutely no reason for it and you should clear your mind and go on.