Had rod put for fractured femur and hip. Leg acts up when get up from sitting. Have muscle strain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
cancel the ankle skin ulcer, a mistake. I had a rod put in my leg 2 years ago for a fractured themur and hip. a couple of days ago I was doing some exercises one of which I haven't done for quite awhile(bridging) most of the day I am ok than towards evening my leg acts up especially when I get up from sitting. straightning the leg seems to relive it. do I have a muscle strain or is it more serious?
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Since the rod was put in two years ago, the fracture site would have healed up well by now.
The pain that you are feeling is likely to be due to a muscle sprain due to an unexpected exercise. Most of the times, this is relieved with rest, mild pain killers and doing a hot fomentation. Taking oral muscle relaxants will also help if the pain is severe.
You can wait for next 4-5 days and let it subside on its own.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.