Had renal transplant done. Now detected with chronic renal failure. On dialysis. What next?

Jul 2016

My father (age 68) had a renal transplant in the year 1980, in the year 2010 he deducted with chronic renal failure and reason behind was he stopped taking prescribed medicines. now he is on dialysis since feb 2012. now what option we have?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 59 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your father had undergone Renal Transplant in 1980. It is really glad and surprise to know that he survived for 30 years after Renal Transplant without any problems.

He has been detected to land in Chronic Renal failure due to stopping immuno-suppressant medicines which are to be taken life long after renal transplant.

Considering his age and previous history of renal transplant consult qualified Nephrologist to explore the possibility of any positive outcome if he goes for second transplant or to continue with Dialysis at frequent intervals as per guidance of a Nephrologist.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.