Had protected vaginal, anal intercourse and had unprotected oral sex. Have sore throat and itchiness in back. Should I be worried?

Question
Hi doc. Please help me here with some below questions. 1. I had protected vaginal and anal intercourse before 23 days ago. 2. I know person HIV status which is "not-detected". I asked her to do HIV test before we met. So she did HIV ag/ab, Heb b and c and everything came clear. 3. However I had 5 to 7 min unprotected oral sex, but I did not come in her mouth. Now after 3 weeks, I have sore throat and bit of itchyness at my back. I asked her that does she have any symptoms like me? and she said no. But again I asked her to get STD check , which is underway and will get to know by Friday. I am so worried doctor that I might have got something from her. I am going to get my blood test done after 8 weeks and then after 12 weeks, but till then I am so freaking out and I am so worried. Should I be worried. Please help me. Thanks so much Doctor.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries for now.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Its true that unprotected sexual intercourse is a risk factor for having sexually transmitted infections like HIV. However, the clinical history of your sexual partner offers more chances that she might not be HIV positive. I would suggest you stay calm for the moment till she obtains her test results.

I would suggest you be calm, as we wait for her results. The chances however are slim from the clinical scenario. It s true that sore throat is usually observed in the clinical syndrome of HIV infection. There probability she shall be positive to me based on the findings you just reported are slim.

Be calm as we await the results. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.