Had protected sex, taken plan B. Had periods. Still chance of getting pregnant?

hi doctor
i had protected sex with my gf and he pulled out and I bought her a the plan b pill witch she took the next day, she allso had her period a week after we had u think there may be any possibilityes of her getting pregnant still??
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. From your description, chances of pregnancy are less because of four reasons:

1)     You had protected sex.
2)     You had adopted withdrawl method of contraception
3)     Your girlfriend had taken the post coital pills within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
4) Your girlfriend had periods after one week after the intercourse.

Chances of pregnancy are less in your girlfriend’s case.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.