Ask a Urologist   »  

Had protected sex. Started burning sensation in pennis and pain while urinating. Any cure?

Question
Hi iam having burning sensation in pennis and pain while urinating
Earlier of having pain in pennis i had protected sex with a call girl after 10 days i t all started.i had consulted a doctor he told me i had stones in my left kydney thats why it is paining
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms can be due to several reasons including a renal stones ( which lead to a UTI sometimes). I would like to know if you have an ulcer on the penis?
Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. This will tell us the type of infection, and also the drugs which would be most effective
At this stage, I would suggest the following:
a.     Drink plenty of water
b.     Have a cup of cranberry juice daily
c.     Take Syrup citralka 1-2 tsp twice or thrice daily
d.     You would need a course of oral antibiotics like ciprofloxacin.
Please see a physician and get these tests done and drugs prescribed.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Best wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Started burning sensation in pennis and pain while urinating. Any cure? 52 minutes later
is the symptoms does not belong to Std's(sexually transmitted diseases).
i am taking medication of citralka,cystone and cipla zyrikfor the last 3 months but there is no improvement.

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
Since you had protected intercourse, the possibility of it being a sexually transmitted infection gets greatly reduced. I understand that you used a condom at this time. Let me know if you meant something else.
However, given the fact that there is some room for failure, I asked you if you had an ulcer. Only if the urine culture and sensitivity do come out negative, we would be thinking in terms of sexually transmitted diseases.
The medications you have mentioned do not take care of the disease per se. They only help relieve some of the symptoms. You would definitely need a course of antibiotics to start with ( depending in urine culture report)
Please see a physician and get an evaluation done. It would be necessary before we start treatment.
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Started burning sensation in pennis and pain while urinating. Any cure? 36 minutes later
yes XXXXXXX i had ulcer in the stomach previously i suffered with pain in the stomach .still i used to get pain in stomach when i have spicey food.yes i did sex with condom.

Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for your reply.
I am not asking about ulcer in stomach. I am asking about ulcer in genital area.
As i told earlier that though you have sex with condom but still there are chances of sexually transmitted disease ( although low). Please see a physician and get an evaluation done. It would be necessary before we start an antibiotic.

Best wishes,

Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Had protected sex. Started burning sensation in pennis and pain while urinating. Any cure? 18 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I XXXXXXX t have any ulcer in genital area.If it was due to stones in kydneys how long it will take to cure?

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 8 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for your question.

If it is due to stone then you need to do a surgical procedure to remove it but it depends on size, site, nature of the stones and how much symptoms it produce.

Please follow the steps I suggested you in my previous answering.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you good health.

Best wishes,

Dr Sourav Ganguly