Had pimples and left with dark marks. What to apply to clear pimple marks?

HI Dr, I had pimples which are now gone but i'm left with dark pimple marks now. What should i apply to clear the pimple marks an clear the skin. Thanks
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. To reduce post inflammatory hyperpigmentation caused by pimples, I personally prescribe 1) a good sunscreen in morning like Phtoban/suncote/ultraguard/rivela etc 2) tablet vitamin c 500 mg two times in a day(celin/limcee tablets) 3) kojic acid ,vitamin c, glycolic acid, azaelic acid, tretinoin or hydroquinone based creams. One may use any of these creams singly or in combination depending on the marks. If marks are light kojic acid cream like kojivit or kojic would be enough. If dark, one may use kojivit in combination with hydroquinone based cream like lumacip or skinlite or melalite etc. 4) Also sometimes chemical peels like glycolic acid or trichloroacetic acid peels are added for better response. I would appreciate if you could upload an image of your face clearly depicting your dark spots, so that I can advise an appropriate treatment for you. Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care