Ask a Urologist   »  

Had peyronies few years back. Have curved penis, experiencing tingling sensation after urination. Cure?

General Surgeon
Question
tingling sensation in penis on and off during day and after urinating no pain no discharge. just started a few days ago. lately i eat lots of strawberrys and all kinds of nuts. nothing else out of ordinary has happened to penis. diagnosed with peyronies a few years back but no pain no discomfort just slight curvature
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 41 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms like tingling in the penis, especially after urinating is characteristic for urethra infection). Your diet has nothing to do with it and so is Peyronie`s disease.
I suggest you to have urine analysis performed and get antibiotics prescribed from your doctor (Ciprofloxacine 500 mg twice a day).
You should also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplements.
If this treatment wont help in 5 days, urologist should be visited for further examination.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Had peyronies few years back. Have curved penis, experiencing tingling sensation after urination. Cure? 19 hours later
should i try drinking lots of cranberry juice and water before getting urine analysis for 5 days then get test or get test then start with fluids. also could it be transmitted sexually

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 minutes later
You should get urine analysis first. Depending of the result, antibiotics might be necessary. And antibiotics should be taken for 5 days.
There is no specific time when you should start drinking more mineral water. You can start it right away. And if you will find it helpful, you should continue it for more than 5 days (increased mineral water and cranberry juice intake will prevent you from infection recurrence).
I do not know what type of infection it is so it is hard to tell if it is STD or not. Most likely it is just typical bacterial infection which can not be transmitted during intercourse.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

Follow-up: Had peyronies few years back. Have curved penis, experiencing tingling sensation after urination. Cure? 3 hours later
Based on my lifestyle a STD I had not considered,but now I'm curious. Separate truth from myth for me? Which infections and or STD'S can be caught from toilet seats and which can be caught primarily from sexual intercourse. You don't have to name all the diseases just the more frequently caught ones.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later
From the regular vaginal intercourse there is a risk of: Chlamydia (30-50%),Gonorrhea (22%), Herpes (0,07%), HPV (40-50%), low risk of HBV,HCV,HIV (0,05%). Fungal infection is also possible.
By contact with toilet seats it is impossible to catch STD as bacteria or viruses are unable to live long enough in such environment. Fungal infection can be in rare cases caught from toilet seat.

Hope this will help.