Had periods twice in a month. Stopped. Having pink discharge. Should I be concerned?

Good day,

I had my period twice in September, stopped 30th, started on 28th Oct for 2 days and stopped again with pink discharge since the, it's been 4 days ... why should I be concerned ?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Careful exam of cycle, no major worries as of now

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The first thing to consider is t know the duration of your cycle. Also knowing whether this is the first time you are experiencing such a scene with your cycle is important. Stress alone could cause some irregularities in your menstrual cycle.

You need not be bothered concerning the history of the C section. In this case, it really should not be the cause of these symptoms.

The main issue here is the pink discharge. It very important to distinguish this discharge from menstrual flow. Knowing also if the discharge was odorless or has an odor, any notion of lower abdominal pains or not, pain experienced during sexual activity in case you are sexually active is important. This shall aid in reducing or suspecting a possibility of a sexually infection.

My suggestion shall be to book an appointment with a gynecologist for a complete review.

I really do not think you should be worried. But a careful assessment by an expert shall permit to have a clear picture of what s going on. This is just to be very sure.

You need not bother much, but a careful evaluation by a gynecologist is important. Depending on results of physical findings, an ultrasound and cervical swab and culture could be asked.

Consult a gynecologist in case symptoms persist. Free free asking questions as follow ups in case of need. Kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD