Had period only for three days. Pregnancy tests negative. Could I be pregnant?

i had my period on time but only three days long it was moderate flowing like normal. two first responce pregnancy tests said negitive. Are they correct? I cant go to a doctor.. and im scared. I pray there correct..
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Once you had your periods there are no chances of pregnancy. Pregnancy test is always going to be negative in such case.

Some variation in flow can be there at times, which is not indicative of pregnancy.

In case of missed period pregnancy test done after 4-5 days is positive in most of the case.

Apart from this, if you do not mind I have got a word of advice for you: please avoid unprotected sex with any one, just any one. Apart from pregnancy there are chances of getting various infections due to this.

Please take care.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.