Had penile implant surgery done. Pain and swelling on testicle. Took ibuprofen. Any complication?

Jul 2016

I had penil implant surgery 2 weeks ago. Starting one day after surgery, at home, My testicles swelled up to the size of large orange. My doctor had a scan done 4 days after surgery and said there is some blood in the testicles but most of swelling due to edema, He said to wait and swelling should go down and if necessary he could drain testicles later. Two weels now and swelling down only slightly and pain continues. Relieved with ibuprofin. He is on vacation and won't return for 10 days or so.. Is there any danger of clots forming and why no relief from pain and swelling after 2 weeks. Is there anything I can or should do at this point?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
You have undergone penile implant surgery 2 weeks ago and developed swelling of the testicles.This is mostly due to the collection of a hemorrhagic fluid around testicles and inflammation of the testicles (Orchitis). Your doctor might have prescribed antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication.
Normally it takes 3 weeks to 1 month to subside oedema and fluid to get absorbed.Only precaution that you have to see is that it does not get infected. Please continue taking antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication and watch for signs of infection like Fever.
Get your total W.B.C. Count done to assess for signs of infection.
Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.