Ask a Urologist   »  

Had pain at head of penis after urinating and also leak semen after ejaculation. Prostate cancer?

General Surgeon
Question
Last summer a problem started . I had a pain in the head of my penis after urinating. I also would have to really shake out urine when I was done to avoid leaking. It seemed to go away only to return this summer. Also seem to leak seamen after ejaculation. I'm 37 and am afraid I have prostate cancer
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prostate cancer is hardly possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Prostate cancer is really rare at your age. Moreover, your symptom are not characteristic for this disease. So you should not worry about it.
Pain after urinating and leaking are most likely symptoms of urethra infection, prostate inflammation,urinary bladder inflammation.
If you have also occasionally sharp pain near the anus, sperm is more yellow than white, prostate inflammation is very possible.

I suggest you to have urine analysis and urine culture test. Ciprofloxacine 500 mg twice a day treatment should help with all mentioned conditions.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Had pain at head of penis after urinating and also leak semen after ejaculation. Prostate cancer? 6 minutes later
what about pain in groin and testicle pain?I have had a cyst above my left trsticle for 25 years and wonder if that is playing a role in this .

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Testis inflammation or epidydimis is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Pain in groin and testicle pain can indicate testis inflammation or epidydimis. It can be also treated with the same antibiotic. Cyst is a benign condition and usually does not cause inflammation or other problems.
You may also have testis ultrasound in case of testis pain.

Regards.