Had oral sex. What are the effects of semen on adenoids?

Question
hello, I am curious about the effects of semen on my adenoids...mine have always been large, and several times have been infected with strep and other bacteria and probably even viruses, and of course looked nasty and had dying tissue and such. It has happened again, although it has been a few years since the last time. A doctor diagnosed me Friday with a sinus infection since I had unusual intense sinus headaches since Wednesday and low fever (he didn't use a light or anything to test, and just a bit of pain/pressure when he pushed on my face, and no congestion at all). I got a Z-pack. But I am curious if vigorous and XXXXXXX oral sex with a somewhat new boyfriend (who claims to have been recently tested for STDs) can cause infected adenoids? We are in our 40's. We had oral sex Sunday and I started feeling ill Wednesday. The regular sex we have been having has not caused me any problems, except one UTI in 3 months, but that does not surprise me at all. I have been on the Zpack 2 days, and feel better (no more headaches, but still blah and in bed with low fever, sleeping a lot. I was having bad but very brief panic attacks-heart pounding and crying- Friday but that is sort of normal for me when I am sick, due to a history of them), and those have gone. But, the white gunk on the adenoids is spreading, and seems to be going down onto the tonsils..not stopping or receeding. Sore throat is better. I can eat and drink just fine. Most of the gunk seems now to be dead tissue, but it keeps spreading....
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
As such semen has no effect on the adenoids. Oral intercourse will not affect adenoids. It may just be a co-incidence that the infection started 2-3 days later.
I think steam inhalation will help a lot with your sinusitis.
I don't think you need to worry about this. Its very likely that the sinusitis and the enlarged adenoids are related. Generally, the ear, nose and throat form 1 continuous tract and infections spread easily from 1 site to another here.
Hope this information helps.