Had nausea in flight. Urinated only once a day and no bowel movement. Having diarrhoea, neck pain, lower back pain and fatigue. Treatment?

General Surgeon
I have recently returned from a hiking trip in Indonesia, I started with nausea on the flight, which is unusual for me, I don't usually suffer with flight sickness.
The trek began at 1020m and we ascended to 2700m in day 1 about half way up the nausea increased and was violently sick, the trek continued over the next 3 days at various heights not going higher than 2700m, over the 4 day trek I only urinated once a day and didn't have a bowel movement, the day after trek I did have a bowel movement which has since turned into diarrhea, day 3 of diarrhea it is a red/black liquid with yellowy foam, very fatigued, head/neck pain, lower back pain.
Should I consult my Doctor?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to contaminated food or water

Detailed Answer:
The present complaints are due to infection of gut acquired due to contaminated food or water.
It looks like dysentry,may be bacterial or parasitic.
I prescribe antibiotic like Ofloxacin and Metronidazole,a pre and probiotic tablets and also Oral rehydration solution sachets to my patients with similar complaints.
If your BP is low due to dehydration,it is better to consult a doctor as he may put you on intravenous fluids.
Wish you speedy recovery