Had miscarriage after tubal ligation reversal. Taking progesterone. Brown spotting, negative PT, cramps. Any advice?

I am 37 and have had a tubal ligation reversal in January this year. I became pregnant in April but miscarried at 5 weeks. I am taking a progesterone supplement and this is my first month. I am charting temps and using OPK's. I had a positive OPK on day 14 at night. I began the progesterone that night, even though I had not yet ovulated. My temperature chart looks like I may have ovulated between day 15 and day 18. I would be be around day 13 dpo even though I am on CD 31. I had a negative pg test this morning. I had some brown spotting today, which I understand is old blood. The progesterone makes me feel so pregnant that I can't tell what symptoms are from the meds or from the real possibility I am pg. I have cramps (a feeling of things being "under construction" down there), nausea, and am very tired. All symptoms that can be from the progesterone. I am thinking I should wait another day or so to stop the progesterone. I just don't want to stop if there is a chance I could be pg. My temps on my chart are still high, no lowering of them at all yet. Any advice?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
The only way to detect your pregnancy is to get your serum Hcg levels evaluated. At 13 days post ovulation, urine test is not likely to accurately predict your status of pregnancy.
After checking your serum levels, if they come negative, then you can stop taking progesterone.
The symptoms you are having can be both due to pregnancy or progesterone supplement.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.