Had metal plate put in arm and developed fungus near the plate. What to do?

i had a metal plate put in my arm over 30 years ago. Now i have developed a fungus on my arm near that plate
Is it possible it comes from the plate.
I was told by a doctor it was a fungus.
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
It is nearly impossible to have a fungal infection now in a 30year old implanted plate.
I think you have the infection in the superficial layers of skin.
Take a treatment course of antifungal medicines from your physician and it would be cured. I think you do not need to worry about the link between the plate and this infection.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!