Had meniscus repair surgeries to knee. Pain in knee after masturbation. Are these related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had 2 meniscus repair surgeries to the same knee (lateral). I do masturbate every week. And for the last 3 years i notice that after masturbation, my knee is so painful that I can not stand for even 5 mins. If I dont masturbate, then it is fine. If I masturbate, it take around 7 days to get my knee normal (without pain). I have seen this for the last 3 years.
Why is it happening?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain in the knees that you feel after masturbation is not likely to be due to masturbation unless you are dehydrated or you are sitting on your knees to masturbate.
The most common psychological problems which are generally related to masturbation are : inhibited sexual desire, anxiety disorders, depression, mental fatigue, stress, guilt etc.
There is no physical damage produced by masturbation. A deviation of the blood supply towards genitalia might cause a momentary pain which is likely to resolve after sometime or on lying down.
The only probable connection between your ejaculation and knee pains might be that the strong muscular contractions of ejaculation can cause some musculoskeletal pains. There is NO other connection. They are totally separate and unconnected bodily systems. Please consult an orthopaedic specialist for proper investigations and examination to find out the cause.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.