Had medical abortion. Had unprotected sex and pregnant. Want to terminate pregnancy. Will it affect future health?

I had an medical abortion 3 months ago. Today itself i found that I am pregnant. I wanted to terminate this pregnancy. I had an unprotected sex 4 days ago. I missed my period today and I go for a pregnancy test kit. The T line is very light. What pills I should take to avoid this pregnancy. Will it affect my future health. Please suggest me.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please confirm the pregnancy through a sonogram.

Detailed Answer:

First of all, I would like to know if you have had unprotected intercourse earlier in this cycle or only four days ago. If you had it only four days ago and you are due for your period today, it means that you were in the safe period when you had that intercourse and so, there is no chance of conception, assuming that your cycle length is 28-30 days.

I would ask you to repeat the pregnancy test. You can choose between the blood test and the urine test. The urine test cannot give you a conclusive result until 3-7 days after a missed period and with a fresh early morning sample of urine; a blood test gives you an earlier and conclusive result. You should also get a trans-vaginal sonogram after 3-5 days to see the status.

If you had a medical abortion earlier, hope you had it verified by a specialist through an examination and a sonogram and took complete protection.

If your pregnancy gets confirmed and if you do not wish to retain this pregnancy, you should go for a medical abortion again under the surveillance of a specialist.

Repeated induced abortions can cause retaining of a wanted pregnancy difficult in future as the uterus gets into a habit of aborting. Infections that may arise during the procedures may lead to infertility problems as well. So, I would ask you to practice good contraception regularly instead of getting abortions; this will help you stay healthy also, considering the blood loss in abortions.

Hope your query is clarified. Please contact for further information. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Had medical abortion. Had unprotected sex and pregnant. Want to terminate pregnancy. Will it affect future health? 9 days later
I had consulted with a gynaecologist. She said that i have pregnancy in the corner region of left fallopian tube. By physical examinaton she told me that she is sure pregnancy is not in fallopian tube. It is developing in the corner of it and it may result in normal pregnancy or this can be an ectopic pregnancy. I have take a trans vaginal scan on 5th Oct. according to which irregular sac is seen in left cornal region and endometrium thickness is 1.2 cm. After this I have also taken beta HCG test on 8th Oct serum for beta HCG is 1228. Then I take Beta HCG on 10th OCT in which it is 1998. I am not been able to decide what should I do. Please tell me the medical complication of this pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy seems to be unhealthy.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

An irregular gestation sac indicates an unhealthy pregnancy. Added to this, location in the cornual region can lead to further development becoming difficult and may lead to either rupture or abortion at any time.

The serum beta-hCG values do not show a doubling titre as they should, but a repeat test should be taken to be sure. Taking all these into consideration, I feel you should be able to decide after a repeat high resolution sonogram; a regular gestation sac with a fetal pole and fetal heart asks for observation if it is growing into the cavity of the uterus; otherwise, evacuation is the rule.

Persistence of a cornual pregnancy may lead to an ectopic at the uterine end of the tube and a rupture; early milking is the treatment to save the tube.

Hope your query is clarified. Please contact for more information. I will be ready to help.