Had liver test done and it came back with a result of gamma GT 192. Anything serious?

I had a liver test done and it came back with a result of gamma gt 192, when the range should be between 6-42. Does this mean I have serious liver damage?
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is bit serious but it can be reversed.

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Yes gamma GT-192 is bit serious, But with proper care it can be easily reversed.

Please do not panic, as I have seen "gamma GT- 400 Range" and they were able to get back.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the query. Feel free to contact me in case of any other concerns.

Follow-up: Had liver test done and it came back with a result of gamma GT 192. Anything serious? 23 minutes later
I enjoy a couple of bottles of wine at the weekend but it is not that which has caused the damage. A couple of years ago my partner started working night shift and I am scared in the house on my own at night and can't sleep, so I have a few glasses of wine to help me sleep. I told my doctor this and asked if he would give me some sleeping tablets but he refused. How long will it take for my liver to recover if I keep off the wine?
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If stopped completely it takes about 3-6 months

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back, Studies have shown if you stop DRINKING ALCOHOL completely it will take about 3-6 months to get back to normal level.

Thanks again, as usual feel free to contact me.