Had jock itch before on groin area. Want to know if penis is in normal condition?

Dermatologist
Question
I'd like to know if is everything ok and normal with my penis condition. I've attached some images showing my concerns.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mild fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and related photographs.
Dont worry you are suffering from a mild fungal infection.
Its easily treatable.
The brown and red spots are mainly due to this.

The bubble like things are just dialated glands.

Apply an antifungal and steroid combination like candid b ( clotrimazole + beclomethasone ) cream for a week, you will find improvement.

I would also like to know whether you have any itch or pain in these lesions.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had jock itch before on groin area. Want to know if penis is in normal condition? 40 minutes later

I went recently to a dermatologist because lately my uretra is burning when I pee and when I have an erection/ejaculation. The penis is hurting a bit too in this condition.

The dermatologist said I could have clamidia, I've made a test for it and I'm just waiting for a result. He have had prescribed me azitromicina 1000mg (1day) + 500mg the other day but the burning condition is still present so I don't know if it's really clamidia or not. He have prescribed canesten too for the little itchy I have.

On the scrotal zone/perineum, the penis hurts when I have an erection (+- in that brown spots position).

I have what they call "athlet's foot" for some time and the doctor prescribed pevyzil or pevaryl (can't remember the name) and it's lot better now.

I'm not sure what to think now, lots of things going on, brown/red spots, burning/hurting penis and waiting for the tests (wich I hope will be negative).

Can you please enlight me what I shoudl worry about and if it's anything bad going on.. I'm feeling a but tired of looking for my penis looking for bad things/looking for solutions that doesn't seem to work much.

Thank you for your time.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
apply canesten

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for the detailed history.
Chlamydia can be found only by test.

As you mentioned you had athelt foot, so fungal infection is most probable thing to be thought of.
Your doctor has done good thing by giving you azithromycin.
Even if it is chlamydia you will get benefit with azithromycin.

Please keep applying canesten, it is an anti fungal.
Regarding pain during erection. it might be due to chlamydia.

Please wait for the report, Any how the initial treatment have been given to you.

Dont worry, just relax, even if it is chlamydia, it can be easily treated.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had jock itch before on groin area. Want to know if penis is in normal condition? 13 minutes later
Hi doctor,

In the end I want it to be clamydia so I know what I have, but the problem is.. I've applyed canesten for a week (2 times a day) and azitromicina (2 days) but the symptoms are still there. So even if it is clamydia could the azitromicina not be effective? Is there any other treatment?

Just so I calm down about all the things, can you resume the following things please?

1. brown spots on scrotal zone (the skin "hurts" mainly when I sit down. I have a job where I'm sit down almost all day. Should I take anything? You said clotrimazole + beclomethasone before, is there any creme with these components better than canesten?)

1.1 brown spots on penis and uretra (what should I take for this? canesten wasn't so effective, the brown spots are still there);

2. red spots on penis, is it anything bad? (should I take anything?);

3. the rough area on the uretra, is it normal to be so rough? (or can I take anything for it?);

4. you said pain could be realted to clamidia, what about the burning? My penis burns when I pee, when I have an ejaculation and even when I'm in "normal state". I'd like some opinion on this.

I'm sorry for so many questions, but when I ask these all when I go to a doctor, they all say it's normal conditions, but the fact its that my penis keep burning and hurting and all that spots are there.

Thank you so much for your time doctor.
Follow-up: Had jock itch before on groin area. Want to know if penis is in normal condition? 4 minutes later
Just one more thing to add, can I have relations with my girlfriend at this moment, given I might have a Mild fungal infection? What if it's clamidia, can I have relations too?

Thank you!

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
use condom

Detailed Answer:
helo.
Fungal infection is not a worry but chlamydia can spread.
please use condom till the time you get reports.

Follow-up: Had jock itch before on groin area. Want to know if penis is in normal condition? 2 minutes later
Ok doctor.

Just one final question. Can you tell me other creme to put other than canesten because when I put it the burn is stronger, maybe due to the "cetostearyl alcohol" of the canesten?

Can you tell me other without that alcohol?

We can close the questions now.

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
lotion or gel

Detailed Answer:
helo
you can ask for canesten lotion or gel instead of cream
this will not have alcohol.
Feel free to ask any doubt.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had jock itch before on groin area. Want to know if penis is in normal condition? 1 minute later
When the clamydia test arrive, being it positive or negative, can I ask more questions?

The test will arrive on wednesday, so can we keep this topic open?

Thank you,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
yes surely.
Even I am waiting for your results.
wishing you all the best.
Thank you