Had itchy black spots on lips, got swollen and turned black. Taking bendryl helped. Cause and treatment?

Hello last week i noticed I had some black spots on my lips then a few days later they began to itch, swell and then turned completely black. I took benadryl and it helps with the irritation, but why did they turned from pink to completely black. I feel as it may reaction to my lipstick and they are still feeling funny what could it be. should I go to dermatologist, could it b a disease. ive been using all natural lip ointments to soothe them. I just want my lips to be restored to its normal pick color. I do not smoke tobacco I drink occassionally
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Apply a mild steroid.No need to consult right now.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing here.

Pink itchy spots suggest allergic reaction.

It can be due to lip cosmetics or sun exposure.

Any skin lesion after healing turns black or white .

This is known as post inflammatory reaction.

It will subside with time.

You need not to worry much.

Just avoid sun exposure.

Apply a lip balm containing sun screen.

At night time you can apply a mild steroid like desonide or fluticasone.

Apply it for 1 to 2 weeks only.

I hope this will solve your query.Take care.