Ask a Urologist   »  

Had intercourse and noticed cut on penis head. What are the risks?

Question
I recently had sex with my girlfriend and small slit like cuts appeared on my penis shalf near the top of the penis head after intercourse, this has occurred before to me about 4 months ago and the cuts had completely healed. I had visited a STD clinic also about this and suggested I leave till the area had healed before having sex and just keep my penis clean,washing with warm salted water and apply a smear of vaseline to the area. As this has happen again I really like any further advice you maybe able to offer. We do use lubrication during intercourse.
Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 57 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As cuts on the shaft of your penis appeared after intercourse, seem to be due to friction (though you are lubricating it before intercourse).

Instead of going to STD clinic, you should consult a Dermatologist/Skin & V.D. specialist for diagnosis, investigations(if required) and treatment.

Meanwhile you can apply Ensamysin/Soframycin locally, and take some multivitamin multi-mineral capsule with vitamin E daily.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Had intercourse and noticed cut on penis head. What are the risks? 8 hours later
Thank you for your response, can you advise if I can buy Ensamysin /Soframycin over the counter or do I have to get a prescription from my Doctor.
Again thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Regards XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 18 minutes later

Welcome again,

It should be available on prescription from your doctor.

To prevent its occurence, you should decrease the speed of inserting it, at least during starting. You can try condom also to prevent its occurence.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,