Had intercourse after periods ended, taken Plan B. Bleeding again. Is it normal?

my question girlfriend had her period and the same day that it end it. we had sex but the condom broke so we don't want to have kids just yet so we when to the pharmacy and got over the counter Plan B. But 4 day later he started having her period again she's been with her period for 3 day not.....its the normal? I'm really worry.. please help
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 13 minutes later

Please relax first. What I understand from your question is that you had sex with your girlfriend on the last day of her period.

Please understand the basics first so that you can feel at ease.

In case of normal cycle the ovulation normally occurs in mid cycle. In a typical 28 day of cycle the ovulation takes place around 13-15 days. Means if you have unprotected sex during this days there are chances of pregnancy.

You had sex just on the day she has completed her cycle, there is no ovulation at that time, and that means practically there are no chances of pregnancy.

She has started having her periods again due to drugs that she has taken. When the drugs are taken they lead to what is known as withdrawal bleeding, which is normal and expected.

I do not see any reason for worry.

Please relax and take care in future.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.